Here is another FAB low carb dish I have made a few times this month. I found it randomly on Facebook and decided to give it a go since once again I had most ingredients in my pantry.
- 3 chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp. oil of your liking (I use Sunflower Oil)
- 3 cups of green cabbage, shredded (I usually use 2 bags of green cabbage/leek mixture -so good and cheap. It also means I don't have to shred the cabbage myself)
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. of cornstarch ( I use flour b/c I have a hard time finding corn starch here in England)
- 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of water
- Soy sauce to taste
1. Dice chicken breasts into strips.
2. Heat 1 tsp. oil in frying pan.
3. Add chicken strips and stir constantly until done. Drain.
4. Heat 1 tsp. oil in frying pan.
5. Add cabbage and red pepper, saute for 2 to 3 minutes until cabbage is crisp tender.
6. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, ginger, garlic and water until smooth.
7. Add chicken back to cabbage mixture.
8. Pour sauce into chicken / cabbage mixture.
9. Cook until sauce has thickened and everything is coated.
10. I usually add in a few tbsp. of soy sauce before plating it.
Enjoy - it really is so good and so easy. If you fancy adding a carb to it, you can add some cooked spaghetti noodles to make it more of a lo mein type dish. I've done that before too and it is delicious!
Again, sorry no photos!!! It gets devoured as soon as it hits the plate. :)