Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Ground Beef Asian Lettuce Wraps

So, Steve and I have been doing a "dry" January this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I know - it stinks!!!!!  Although, we did cheat and have a drink last Sunday while watching the Panthers game.  It was the only day, I promise!!!!

As far as food goes, we have been eating lots of protein, veggies and fruit.  While we haven't cut out all carbs, I've been trying to come up with easy low carb recipes and of course have turned to Pinterest to help with that. 

I made these Ground Beef Asian Lettuce Wraps this past week and they were delicious!  It is sort of a mix up from a bunch of different recipes I found. The best part is I already had all of the ingredients in my pantry!!  I think you will find most of you will.

Ground Beef Asian Lettuce Wraps

Ingredients:
  • 1lb lean ground beef
  • 1 onion
  • 2 to 3 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp cornstarch (I used flour b/c I didn't have cornstarch)
  • 2 Tbsp cooking oil (I used sunflower oil)
  • Boston Bibb Lettuce (I used Romaine leaves as they don't sell Boston Bibb Lettuce here)
Place cooking oil in pan.  Add your garlic, ground beef and onion.  Brown meat until no longer pink.  Drain excess fat.  In the meantime, mix together ginger, soy sauce, water and cornstarch until well blended.  Add meat mixture back to the pan.  Add your wet mixture to the pan and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. 

I served multiple lettuce leaves on a plate and split the meat mixture between Steve and I into two bowls so that we could add however much we wanted to each leaf. 

I served it with roasted parsnips! 

YUMMO!!!  I think this dish took less than 20 minutes to pull together.  I think it will quickly become a part of our day to day rotation!  So easy! 

Enjoy!  (Sorry no photos, I literally inhaled these things!)

No comments:

Post a Comment