Friday, January 15, 2016

Thanksgiving in England!

Not going to lie, totally felt some major homesickness (if that is even a word) when it came to celebrating Thanksgiving this year.  Obviously, it is an American holiday and something England doesn't celebrate.  I am desperately missing my family, friends and traditions this time of year.  For the most part, I have stayed pretty positive about the move.  I am looking forward to new adventures not only in this country but throughout Europe.  The kids are thriving in their schools and I am meeting tons of new people (to which I had my first girl's night out with neighbors a couple of weeks ago and had a blast).

I guess what I am trying to say is that I miss the following: GUMBO night at the Byrums, Black Friday shopping, Target, Walmart, Loft, Old Navy, my favorite deodorant (Degree), December in the Carolinas, watching my girls play with their cousin Carter, MY JOB, cabbage casserole my sister makes every year on Thanksgiving, drinking too much wine with my girlfriends on Thanksgiving night, game nights in Waxhaw, back porch sitting in Waxhaw, 9Round, a legit Santa, GNO with my HS buddies, Bisquick, cornbread, Skinny Girl salad dressing, WILD STRAWBERRY CRYSTAL LIGHT, Burnetts, SABRA hummus, a water cooler, biscuits, pancakes, pinto beans, pumpkin patches...............................................who am I kidding, I could go on for days!!!!

Back on track...........with all of that said, Steve took Thursday and Friday off and we had our friends Jen, Rich and their little boy Billy over for a Thanksgiving feast and a sleepover. 

The girls and I baked pumpkin bread for neighbors, grandparents and us!  Lottie loves getting her hands dirty in the kitchen! 

We also made a ham, mashed potatoes, deviled eggs, corn casserole, mac & cheese, carrots, brussel sprouts, carrots, green beans, bread and pumpkin bread.  Our good friends brought over apple pie, ice cream, cheesecake and lots of American goodies like Twinkies, Nerds, Whoopers, etc. for the kids. 

I so wish I could have captured more photographs throughout, but here is a glimpse at our first Thanksgiving living in England..........................










Unfortunately, I didn't take very many photos, but either way, looking forward to making new traditions in our new home.

1 comment: