Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Hunter Farms

This past weekend my sister made a surprise visit!!  I was shocked when she came walking through the door last Friday night.  Immediately when Lottie saw her Aunt Amy, her eyes lit up and she ran like lightening towards her.  The look on her face was priceless.  She was overcome with joy and laughter and knew she was in for a good time. 

Watching the way Lottie interacts with my sister makes me wonder what it would be like to see Lottie interacting with my parents (her g-parents).  It's one of those moments that makes me miss my parents so much.  I can only imagine how much more loved and spoiled that little girl would be. 

After the Komen race, Lottie and I picked up Amy and went for lunch.  Afterwards, we headed to Hunter Farms in Weddington.  It was a cute little place filled with pumpkins, hayrides and Lottie's favorite - a petting zoo! 

Basically with the purchase of one Adult ticket ($8.50), you got a hay ride, petting zoo admission and a medium / small pumpkin to take home.  Since Lottie was under 2, she was free! 

When we first got on the hayride, Lottie was fine, but then the tractor revved it's engine and she started shouting, "No, No, No".  I thought, "Oh GREAT!"  Thankfully I had an emergency dummy (pacifier) in my purse and gave her that.  It always has that soothing / calming effect on her.  She was fine afterwards.  Once we got to the petting zoo, Lottie was in heaven!  That girl loves animals, especially animals she can feed (well throw food at). 







Lottie with her feed cup feeding the donkey



Oh my goodness!!!!!!!  If I could have taken one of these pot belly pigs home, I would have - so precious!  I overheard one little boy asking his mom if he could trade his dog for one of these pigs - it was hilarious!




After the hayride, Lottie and Amy (the big kid) darted off to pick their pumpkins out.  


Being as it was 80 odd degrees, Lottie decided to strip down as soon as we got home!



Then we decided to carve our little pumpkins



Lottie loved digging her hand inside the pumpkin and when she saw the scraper, she insisted on using it!



Once the pumpkin carving was finished, we decided to take a little trip around the corner for some TCBY




At last, we came home and lit our pumpkins up!



Mine and Lottie's pumpkin (we messed up the head while carving so this pumpkin was headless)


My sister's pumpkin...........  Can you guess what it is?????  Nope, not a devil like it looks - keep guessing..........  It's a PIG!  Awful, Awful, Awful! 

All in all - a great weekend visit from my sister!  We all slept good on Saturday night!  Amy - please feel free to pop in anytime you wish!  Lottie loved spending time with you!!  She ran around the house saying "AMY" all day on Sunday (so cute).


1 comment:

  1. Omg we had such a great weekend!! It may have been the best weekend I have had yet with lottie. If I could come home every weekend just to see her little face I would!

    ReplyDelete