Thursday, April 26, 2012

England 2012 (Part 5) Indoor Adventure & Cricket

If I haven't said it before, it was "bloody" cold while we were over!!!  After the snow melted and the sun tried it's best to come out, we took Lottie to a new indoor adventure place in Whitwick before venturing out to the Leicester Cricket game.  Lottie had a blast.  By the end, her and I were going down the double slide holding hands!  It was too cute!! 









Of course we ordered two pots of tea - when in England, do what the English do best - drink tea!! 


Steve - seriously, there are children playing in this area!!  Is that necessary?



After TC's we headed to Leicester to catch the home opener for their Cricket team.  What I adore about Cricket is it's laid back feel.  At Leicester, you are able to pack your own picnic, but no alcohol.  So, Steve and I packed a nice little picnic with sandwiches, cheese and onion rolls (my fav), salad, crisps and buttons (chocolate Easter treat) for Lottie.  After we ate our picnic in the freezing cold, we went into the pub where they had couches, windows and HEAT! 



Lottie loves feeding us!


My little English girl eating a cheese and onion roll






We also went to a cricket game in Derby with Rich, Jen and their sweet little boy Billy.  It was cold, but we managed to find a picnic table with the tiniest bit of sun shining down.........




Smile for Grandpa before we leave!!



Always snacking!!!





Family Portrait - Poor Lottie - we had her so bundled up, she could barely move!






Nap time!!


She's back and still snacking!!  And there's Billy! 


I love Cricket - one game can go on for 4 days straight.  It is crazy!  I'd love to try and explain how the game is played but I'll spare you.  Instead you can check out this quick explanation!  Cricket

Cricket is pretty popular in the UK - of course nothing is as popular as "futbal" - but it is especially popular in India!!! 

Steve purchased a cricket ball and two Cricket jerseys from the game in Leicester.  I could have killed him!!!  I am seriously going to have to put him on jersey restriction! 

Up Next: Easter / Hanging with Family


No comments:

Post a Comment