Wednesday, April 25, 2012

England 2012 (Part 3) A Day at the Zoo

Gosh, I can't remember the last time I visited the zoo - it must have been when I was 12 or 13 years old.  As a family, we'd always make the trek to Asheboro or Columbia once a year.  Hopefully Steve and I can carry on that tradition with our little family.

We made plans with one of Steve's good friend - Richard, his wife Vickie and their adorable little boy Matthew (almost 2 years old) before we left for England to take a trip to Twycross Zoo.  I was so pumped!  Lottie is really into books right now and almost all of her books have animals in them.  She absolutely adores BEARS (don't ask...) and thinks everything is a bear.  She points at all the animals in her books and says Bear!  BEAR - another one of her first words!  Hilarious! 

Unfortunately, there were no bears at this zoo!  :(  As I said in a previous post, the weather was pretty chilly while we were over.  Me being Mom of the Year didn't bring Lottie's heavy coat (Idiot) so we resorted to a lot of layering and blankets when we were out and about. 

We met Rich, Vickie and their son Matthew at 11:00 a.m. and from there we started exploring...............


When we first walked through the gate.......


Monkeys


Check out this little cutie!!  So sweet!


This Monkey was enjoying a cucumber!


I can't even remember what this was.......  some sort of strange breed.....


Lottie checking out the donkeys which I called mini ponys and got quickly corrected by a laughing Steve saying those are donkeys Tonya - come on!  :)


Bear, Bear, Bear


It's a Giraffe (in a cage), no but in a really small area!

Look Dada!



I'm not sure if it was just me, but I thought the elephants and giraffes were kept in pretty tight quarters. 



Family Portrait


Take two........



Lottie's future English boyfriend!!!  They were so sweet!


Yes, my child is wearing no shoes - pretty sure she ripped them off and may or may not have tried feeding them to the animals


Penguins




No Clue - Fox breed?????


Matthew and Vickie


HUGE turtles


After all the excitement, this little lady was tuckered out!


But she's back.........  Tea time at the cafe!



We had such a blast with Rich, Vickie and Matthew!  They are such a sweet family.  After a long day, we headed for the gift shop.  Steve bought Lottie an elephant toy!

I am so looking forward to another visit to the zoo - hopefully we can make it to Columbia later this year! 

Up Next: Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment