Thursday, April 26, 2012

England 2012 (Part 4) Let It Snow


One of my favorite things to do while visiting England is what else, SHOP!!!!!!!!  One of my favorite places to go shopping is in Nottingham.  All of the shops are outdoors and the layout of the city is amazing!!!!!  Some of my favs are H&M, Top Shop, Dorothy Perkins, Warehouse, Oasis, Zara, French Connection, etc.  There is no place I've ever been that compares to shopping in Europe.  Amazing to say the least.  While I normally come back with accessories galore, I only came back w/ a pair of wedges this go around!  However, Miss Lottie got hooked up!!!!!  It's so funny how when you have a child (especially a little girl) you suddenly go from popping out to buy yourself something to no longer shopping for yourself and shopping only for the little one!!!

Steve is not a big shopper and doesn't particularly love it, but on my big shopping day out every year, he is the perfect little shopping partner.  He carries my bags, my coats, hangs outside the fitting rooms, actually seems somewhat interested in what I'm looking at.  I think he knows how much I look forward to it every year and just wants to make me happy. 

Of course after all that shopping, a girl has got to eat.  We popped into the pub and ordered a couple of pints and sat down for lunch. 





After a full day of shopping (and the dreary rain that followed) we called it a day and headed back to Steve's parent's house. 



After hanging with the g-parent's for a bit, Steve and I managed to get out for a nice Indian dinner (date night).  It was delish and nice to be able to get out, just the two of us.  It is so rare these days. 






On Wednesday morning, Lottie woke up at her usual 7:30 a.m. so Steve took her downstairs to get her milk and oatmeal ready.  A few minutes later, Steve came back upstairs and said, "You are not going to believe this!!!"  He pulled back the curtain and sure enough it was snowing!  Not just the small stuff, huge flakes!!  I decided to go ahead and get up (it's not everyday you see snow in the Carolinas). 

The English were shocked to see the snow especially considering it had been in the late 60s the week before.  Nevertheless, I soaked it up and took Lottie out for a quick look.


G-Parent's back yard





The rest of the morning was spent sipping tea, talking and playing with Lottie.




Grandpa feeding Lottie her breakfast




So cute!!!!  Lottie LOVES books - the whole time we were there, she was constantly bringing books to her grandpa to read - oh and check out that British headband!  She loves it!

We decided to get out of the house for lunch and headed to the Charnwood Arms.  I had a steak and ale pie w/ mushy peas and mashed potatoes!!!!!!!  So, so good!!! 


Steve and his mom


Lottie stuffing her face with garlic bread

Due to the weather, we stayed in for most of the day on Wednesday.  It was cold and snowy!!!!  So we played Wii!!





Grandpa has a Mii


We don't usually have a lot of down time while we are in England.  We are sooooooooooooooooo busy trying to make sure we do the rounds to see everyone and do all the things we want to do as well.  So, having this down time while it snowed was a nice way to slow things down mid week. 

Up Next: Cricket Time








No comments:

Post a Comment