Tuesday, April 24, 2012

England 2012 (Part 2) A Sunday Afternoon in Whitwick

A Sunday afternoon in Whitwick is like going back in time........ the 1980s to be exact!  These folks are TRUE characters.  They all LIVE and BREATHE rock and roll!

Since I've known Steve, he has always been a rock fan.  He's probably seen every 80s rock band two or three times in his lifetime to say the least. 

While Steve has changed his look quite a bit from the 1980s (well, he's decided he will wear nothing but jerseys now), the Whitwick crew hasn't changed a bit. 

I so look forward to the Sunday afternoon drinking session with these people every year.  Honestly, it is like being at a rock concert.  Once the sun goes down and the jukebox gets going, it is a full on show.  Probably the greatest thing about these people is there is NO falseness, NO pretentiousness - they are honest, hard working, kind, generous and loving people. 

I can't tell you how much I've grown to love these people!




Steve with his grade school buddies


Aftershock - Warm!!!!!  Ugghhhh
(The English rarely do shots and when they do, they are warm and gross - I do my best to avoid them)




Johnny and I


Mackey, me and Stan the Man


Steve, Thiss and John


Lee and Emily
(Almost Newlyweds)


Me and the Big Guy


Sharon and I


Steve and Mr. and Mrs. Thistleton


The Crew before the sun goes down..........





And here we go......... 









Steve is feeling it........



Yep, that's it - clearly it's time to go home!

As always, we had the best time hanging w/ the Whitwick crew!!!  It is truly too bad this only happens once a year because it is one of our favorite days out! 

Up next...........Lottie's first trip to the zoo!!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were on blogger........or was I drunk when you told me

    great post glad you like it!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete