Friday, June 24, 2011

Super Duper Doubles

I did it - I gathered all of my coupons from the last two Charlotte Observers and went for it at Harris Teeter when they advertised Super Doubles on Wednesday.  I went in with the mindset that I would only buy what I had in coupons.  That way there would be no confusion in how much I spent vs how much I saved. 

Well let me show you what I walked out with............................




  • I hardly ever eat MAYO!!!!!!!!  If I do, it is in very small portions (coleslaw, pasta salads)
  • Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce x 2 - I hope this stuff has an expiration date of 5 or so years b/c I don't forsee this being used until Lottie is old enough to start eating chicken nuggets
  • Neosporin To Go pack - "Don't worry Lottie, mama has Neo to go - hope it doesn't expire between now and the time you start walking"
  • Chex Mix x 2, Triscuits and Wheat Thins - I'M ON A DIET - WHY DID I PURCHASE THESE?
  • Spicy Brown Mustard x 2 - Tailgating????
So, you are probably wondering how much all of this cost me????????


$83.24 - can you believe that the small pile of stuff above cost that much?????  Well, after using my coupons, I saved $49.19 bringing my total to $34.05. 

Which means FAILURE!!!!!!!!!!  I completely failed at COUPONING!  I can't believe I still ended up paying $34.05 for junk!

Moral of the story is - Just because you have a coupon for something, doesn't mean you have to use it especially for things you would normally NEVER buy! 

My coupon days have been numbered!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment