Monday, June 20, 2011

Beach Days

I am obsessed with laying out on the beach.  Ash calls me a beach bum - says she hates going to the beach with me b/c I will sit from 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. just roasting away!  I think it goes back to when I was a kid.  My parents were beach addicts as well.  They would literally get down to the beach by 9:00 a.m. and not leave until 5 or 6 in the afternoon.  They would oil themselves up and turn every hour or so.  My dad would people watch (women watch) through his sunglasses or nap and my mom would read Danielle Steele romance novels.  When the heat became unbearable they would take us out to the ocean for some family fun.  Those were some of the best memories.  It seems like so long ago.

Memorial Day weekend was Lottie's first trip to the beach.  I was so excited to see how she would take in the beach, the people, everything (well mainly to see how cute she looked in her little swimsuit).  Of course, she pulled it off!  Thankfully my sister had a canopy we used to prevent Lottie from getting too hot and too much sun.  My cousin Ginger also let us borrow a pop up tent that worked perfect for taking naps.  We had a great time.  Between laying out and eating great food (I finally got me some crab legs!!), I didn't want to come home.  I hadn't had crab in over a year (they say not to have crab when pregnant) so I was estatic to finally grub on crab legs.  They are one of my favs!!!  Here are a few pics from Lottie's first trip to the beach!





















This past weekend, I took Lottie down for a girl's weekend with me, Amy and Lottie.  We had a very inexpensive, relaxing weekend!!  Lottie was so cute on the beach!  I think she is going to become a beach bum just like her momma!!  Here are a few pics from our trip to the beach this past weekend!







I just love that smile!  We have been so blessed with such a happy baby!  She is really something!!!  We are supposed to be headed back to the beach for July 4th weekend.  We can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute, cute!!! And yes, you are the biggest beach bum I know!! My Irish/English skin cant even keep up with your "red" skin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps- loving the new background so much better!

    ReplyDelete