Saturday, June 11, 2016

Lottie's First Rocket!

I can NOT believe that school is almost out for summer!  After saying that, I can't believe my first born has almost wrapped up her first year of school.  She truly hit the ground running in school since we moved here between her reading, writing and math skills and making so many new friends.  I'm in awe of her most days.  I honestly couldn't be more proud of the little person she is.  I often tear up thinking how proud I am of her and how I want to protect her from everything in this world and shield her little heart and soul from any future disappointments she may face in life.  She's just such a kind spirited little girl and I love her fiercely! 

With the school year getting ready to wrap up, Lottie received her first rocket.  While I'm still a little unsure about what this whole rocket thing is about, I'm so proud of Lottie.  She was so thrilled to have received it.  Basically, I think receiving a rocket is like receiving an award.  They get acknowledged for good behavior and going the extra mile while in class.  Lottie is on team Saturn and by receiving her rocket, she helped Saturn gain 30 team points. 

Fortunately, I was able to attend the assembly and watch Lottie receive her rocket.  They started off the assembly singing How Great Thou Art which is a favorite of mine.  She smiled from ear to ear the entire time and I loved watching her with her classmates.  This kid is truly the apple of my eye.

Here are a couple of pictures I was able to snap.......................




 
 
With this kid's enthusiasm and love for school, I can't wait to continue to watch her grow and learn!  

No comments:

Post a Comment