Friday, April 17, 2015

Easter Egg Hunt - Stella

About a month ago, I took Stella to UUMC for their annual Easter breakfast, games and egg hunt.  Unfortunately Lottie wasn't able to attend because she had ice skating lessons.  Stella and I quickly snuck out of the house that morning not telling her where we were going.  She would have been so upset had she known we were going on an egg hunt.

When we got there, Stella ate breakfast and avoided the Easter bunny at all costs!  She would wave and say, "Hi bunny!" from a distance, but any time she got even the slightest bit close, she would scream, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bunny!"  It was hilarious!

After making every attempt to avoid the Easter bunny, all the kiddos gathered in the church to hear a story about the true meaning of Easter.

Soon after, we headed across the street where they held the games and egg hunt!




Stella cheated at every game!  She had everyone cracking up!


Her favorite game was the matching duck game.  She loved the ducks.  She kept trying to put them in her basket to take home!  






Unlike the other egg hunt we went on in the mountains, Stella managed to find herself a few eggs.  They were really well hidden!  I think Stella did a better job of finding eggs than I did!  :)  


The following day, we broke out the dye and dyed about 18 eggs!  Of course, leave it to Stella to spill the dye everywhere!  That girl is a mess!  Oh and out of the 18 eggs we dyed, I am pretty sure Stella broke, tried to eat, cracked, threw about 6 of them!  :)


Little monster!



Just one of the eggs Stella tried to eat / destroy during the process!

All in all we shared a lot of laughs!  

I just love keeping the egg dyeing tradition alive.  I remember as a kid just how much I loved dyeing Easter eggs with my mom.  How I would give anything for her to be here with me and my kids dyeing eggs.  I really miss her!  

No comments:

Post a Comment