Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Kids Say the Darndest Things!

Me: "Lottie, can you please go ask your dad if he will bring Mommy a drink."


Lottie: "OK"


Lottie: "Daddy, Mommy needs a glass of WINE"


Steve: "What???" 


Lottie: "Mommy wants a glass of WINE"


Yes, the above conversation happened over the weekend!  Bad MOMMY!  Seriously though, I was just hoping for a bottle of water since Steve was already standing in the kitchen (the girls and I were playing in the living room).  When I heard what Lottie told her dad, I was dying laughing.  


I seriously fear what she is telling her teachers at school - "Mommy LOVES wine!"


KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Oh and while I'm at it - the girls and I went for a beautiful stroll through the greenway on Rea Road last Saturday while Steve was working.  On our stroll we passed a dad pushing his two daughters in a stroller.  The dad just so happened to have long hair (it was in a ponytail).  Well, Lottie proceeds to shout from the top of her lungs, "Mommy, that boy has long hair!" "Boys aren't supposed to have long hair" "Boys aren't supposed to have ponytails!"  She went on and on and on!  I know he had to have heard.  I was mortified.  Obviously, I tried explaining that some boys have long hair, but she wasn't having it.  In the end, I just let it go!  Sometimes, it is just easier that way! 


Kids really do say the darndest things - that Lottie is hilarious!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment