Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Stella's First Birthday Party - Fiesta

I can't believe I am just getting around to blogging Stella's first birthday party.  Since Stella was almost a Cinco de Mayo baby, I thought the perfect first birthday party would be a "FIESTA" party.


Between the two baby showers I hosted for my sister and the hours upon hours spent preparing for my nephew's birth, I didn't get to put in as much time as I'd like in prepping Stella's First Birthday party.  With that said, it turned out super cute.  Great food and family - can't ask for much more!


Stella's first year has been full of lots of wonderful memories!  I truly can't wait to watch her grow this next year whether that be here or across the pond (more on that very soon).


There were lots of firsts.......
  • First Word: Thank You, Mama, Baby, Bath, NO!, gnome, etc.
  • First Signage: MORE (of course it was - girl always wants more food)
  • First Teeth
  • First roll
  • First scoot (never once traditionally crawled)
  • First foods: her favorites are bananas, grits, spaghetti, strawberries, peaches, grapes, lima beans, pinto beans, yogurt, chicken........ I just realized that I could go on for days!  The kid loves every kind of food out there.
  • First surgery: tubes at 6 months
  • First smile and laugh
  • First game of Peek-a-boo
  • First tantrum


I have loved every first we have experienced (the good and the bad).  It has taught me that no matter what we go through, we can get through it as a family!  Stella - you are the final piece to our puzzle and we wouldn't trade you for anything (even after all that crying!)  :)


We love ya babe! 
























I picked up this hat at a market while on a trip to Mexico back in 2006.






My little Mexican cutie! 






I picked up the cutest little Mexican dress from a kid's consignment sale earlier this year.  Lottie looked so cute!  Unfortunately, they didn't have one in Stella's size since it was hand made.



I made crockpot chicken tacos, black beans and Spanish rice - it was delicious!





Stella's Fiesta Cake



Stella's Smash Cake

 


She was hilarious!  She literally dove right in - face first, no hands!





































Ari and Stella





After cake, I changed Stella into the same dress Lottie wore when she opened her presents on her first birthday.  Stella definitely fills the dress out better than her sister did!






Steve Junior!






I just love this picture!  What a beautiful little girl you are! 

We love you so much! 

Happy First Birthday Stella!! xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment