Sunday, April 20, 2014

Amy's Family Baby Shower

I can't believe my "baby" is having a baby.  This past month has been incredibly busy to say the least.  Two of those weekends were spent showering my sweet sister and baby Carter! 

The circle of life............. I am so excited to be an aunt!  My sister is so great with my girls.  I have no doubt that she is going to be a great mom.  She was always that little girl who preferred playing babies over barbies and always said that if the universe had it's way, she would one day have at least 10 kids.  She has the biggest heart and is really just a big kid herself. 

A couple of Saturdays ago, we celebrated with my mom and dad's side of the family.  It was really wonderful seeing my mom's BFF, my mom's sister and cousins.  While we missed a few people, it was great reconnecting with those relatives and good friends we rarely see.  The only people missing were my grandma and parents.  It still tugs at my heart strings every day not having them here with us.  This past month has been tough.  I miss them so much!  But through faith, I know I will see them again one day. 

Here's a look back at my sister's family shower that my cousin and I hosted.  We decided to do a brunch.  It was really lovely!  Baby Carter is loved by so many already!

7 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




 
My sister is a candy-holic!  If ever one was to have a craving, candy would be hers!






 
My mom's BFF Dee and Amy
 



Aunt Brenda (dad's sister) and Ashton
 


Dee and I

 
Amy and baby Lane


Amy's Mother In Law and my aunt Ruth
 

 
Cousins - Shannon and Sofia

 
Baby Word Scramble Game
 


 
My mom's sister Billie Jo and cousin Tyler
 















Crazy sisters!  So typical!






 
My cousin Ginger (hostess) and Amy
 

 
My sister and I
xoxo
 

 
Dee, Amy and I

 
Aunt Brenda and Amy
 
 
Mom's family
 

 
Shirley and Amy








1 comment:

  1. I know what she might be feeling right now. Even my baby shower was last week only in an event venue nearby. Loved the arrangements and the gifts. Congratulations to you! It’s a lovely post and it was good to see it. I am sure this would have been one of the best days of our life.

    ReplyDelete