Friday, May 4, 2012

STEEPLECHASE - Oh How I Love Thee

Another year marks another day out at Steeplechase!  Steeplechase is an annual sporting and social event that we've been attending for 6 years running!  It is absolutely one of my favorite days of the year.  You'll see some of the most beautiful, young thoroughbred horses in the region racing.  You'll also see the most beautiful laid out course and grounds.  It is breathtaking the way the owners take care of this property. 

The course is in Mineral Springs / Waxhaw which works out great for us because it is only 10 minutes from my house.  When we first started going 6 years ago, we started out with just 6 of us.  That has since changed to a group of around 21 or so.

To summarize Steeplechase would be impossible.  It is a day where us ladies get to throw on our sundresses, big hats (mine was an original from England), bring too much food, drink too many mimosas and normally by the end of the day be burnt to a crisp due to the scorching sun!  While all of that may have ensued, we certainly didn't get a sunburn as the sun decided to stay away the entire day.  In other words, it was CHILLY to say the least.  But hey, at least the rain stayed away!


The Ladies


Before I go any further, may I just state the obvious - HOW CASPER AM I???  I don't know that I've ever been this white before.....  just saying......



Group Pic



My cousin Ginger and I




Peace.........


Our good friend Dave made it down from Connecticut!! 


Ash and Dave


So sad this pic came out blurry!!  :(



I see a couple of rookies!!!  Hope you ladies had fun!!  :)


Me and my sis - oh and my other sis in the tank top!


Gorgeous







Steve and I








All in all, we had another great year out at Steeplechase.  Looking back, it is probably a good thing the sun decided not to show it's face b/c I may or may not have gotten 1st degree burns! 

I can't wait to bring Lottie out with us in a couple of years.  She is going to be toooooooooooooo cute with her sundress and big hat! 






1 comment:

  1. Correction T....it wasnt chilly....it was FREEZING!!! Good times none the less. Cant wait for next year!

    ReplyDelete