Friday, December 2, 2011

Lottie's First Thanksgiving

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!!  Hope everyone had a great Turkey Day!  I know that I personally ate way TOO much (GROSS)!  I can't tell you how much I've really enjoyed being in the states these last two years for Thanksgiving.  It is my second favorite holiday behind Christmas! 

This year was especially special as it was Lottie's first taste of Thanksgiving!  Since her 9 month check up, the doctor suggested we start trying "real" food for her to taste and get used to such as mashed avocados, bananas, vegetable casserole, etc.  I've been trying to slowly introduce her to these foods and so far, she hasn't really taken a liking to them.  She loves her baby food (except for meat)!  I'm sure within the next couple of months, she will have gotten used to the food by then. 

Here is a recap of our Turkey Day!



Sitting down for breakfast (normally oatmeal/fruit)



We are trying to introduce the sippy cup as well, but she just picks it up and chews on the bottom of the cup or tries throwing it.  It's working out great so far!  :)


Outside on the deck helping Dad fry our turkey


Check out her shirt - it says My First Thanksgiving



Aunt Amy and Lottie playing in the bouncy chair




Our Turkey and the house Steve built around it to block the wind



Big girl - already pulling up and standing - almost ready to take off!  Yikes!



Lottie and Ms. Beverly


One of her many holiday dresses!


Her first taste of Sweet Potato Casserole made especially for her!  She hated it!!! Gagged & Coughed like crazy!


Never eating that again!



"Disgusted"  -  Mom - you know I'm a vegetarian!


What is that?


A new toy?


I've got it now!





Shortly after dinner, Lottie said her goodbyes and fell fast asleep.  She was tuckered out!  The rest of the weekend was spent hanging with family, a little black Friday shopping, eating, watching football, playing with Lottie and eating - did I mention that already? 

November 28 is always a special day - it is my grandma's birthday!  She turned 95 years old this year.  Unbelievable!  She is so inspiring and such a class act.  I love her to pieces and can't imagine her not with us.  On Saturday night, we celebrated her birthday!




Doesn't she look amazing???  She hardly has any wrinkles! 


My beautiful Grandma Patterson


Aunt Brenda with her b-day cake!


As I explained in my previous blog post, Lottie suffered with some serious CONSTIPATION this past week!  She went 4 days w/out pooing!  So.............  she got PRUNED to death.  Thank God, she likes baby food prunes because I think that along w/ a little help from a rectal thermometer (stimulation) helped her to finally go on Sunday!  Don't even ask!  :)


Her prune mustache!


Desperately trying to poo!  Poo face

I just want to say how thankful I am every Thanksgiving and especially this Thanksgiving for all of God's blessings in my life.  He gave me the most precious gift after praying so hard and I couldn't be more gracious.  He's also blessed me with a husband who not only looks after me but is a really GREAT dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment