Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Baby's First Christmas Ornament




Thankfully with a little help from Steve and Amy, I was able to get my Christmas tree and all of our Christmas decorations up the weekend after Thanksgiving.  Every year while decorating the tree, I'm reminded of my childhood by all of the old ornaments I used to make my mom and dad every year whether at day care, elementary school, church, etc.  I think only a couple have really lasted all these years!!  It is so fun looking back remembering those times!!!  I can't wait for the day when Lottie makes her first ornament - I'll proudly display it and cherish it forever!






This past Christmas, I was around 34 weeks pregnant.  I looked everywhere for a pregnancy ornament but never came across one.  Instead, I bought a pink lollipop ornament to represent my pregnancy with my baby girl.  All I kept telling myself was once I made it through the holidays, the baby would be here in no time.  Here we are one year later and time is flying by faster than ever!  SLOW DOWN TIME!!!




So far this year, Lottie hasn't been too bad into the Christmas decorations and presents.  (Good girl)  I've caught her with a candy cane ornament which is harmless but last night I caught her with a gold ball (totally breakable!!!)  Thank goodness I was right there!  You so have to watch these little ones when they become mobile - talk about all over the place and not to mention everything they touch goes in their mouth!

The one thing Lottie has really showed interest in is the BOWS on the presents.  I think she may have just about pulled all of the bows in sight off!  The other day I was walking from the bathroom to the living room and she came crawling towards me with two bows in each hand.  When she sat up, they were stuck to the bottom of her hands!  It was so cute - I wish I had my camera!  Here are a couple of pictures we took last night of Lottie reading her Christmas card she got from Grandma and Grandpa in England.  And of course, her love for the bows!







Steve and I can't wait for Christmas!!!  How about you?  Any plans for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment