Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Another Incident I'm Afraid

This time Lottie is the culprit!  My little monster princess has all of her 1st molars in now - thankfully they have all cut through and are mostly all the way in.  With that said, she decided to use said molars on a little girl's back at school!  I know.....the horror!!!

It gets better though............. On 7/20, she struck again and bit the same little friend.  OMG - how embarrassing!  The little girl's mom probably wants to fight me!  But of course, at Lottie's school, they don't tell you who does the biting or who gets bit (In Lottie's case, that is definitely a good thing). 

In the end, the teachers all seem to think it is because she has these new teeth and 9 times out of 10 a child is going to try them out on another child at some point.  I brought in Orajel this week for them to apply as needed in hopes that will prevent her from any further biting.

Until then, check out this awesome little note about biting that they sent home.  Steve and I were secretly cracking up when we read it!! 



3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...that little letter is pretty cute :) We are going through the same thing at Hunters school EXCEPT he is the victim. He has been bite by the same kid 4 times. 3 of the times are within the past 5 days. To say we are ticked is an understatment... BUT its tough because what do you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Hunter!! I would be ticked off as well!! I don't know what to do! I've tried telling Lottie that biting will not be tolerated but she has no clue. If I were you, I would have them keep a close eye on the little biter to prevent any future bites, that is what they are doing w/ Lottie! I'm sure the time will come when Lottie gets bit, she's already had a toy phone thrown at her head. Everyone seems to think it is normal, so hopefully this is just another phase that will soon pass! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG that letter is soooo cute!! Abigail is just getting her first two teeth in so we're in for a long road ahead!!

    ReplyDelete